Selamawi Reports from Libya!
Selamawi wrote some reports about the Eritrean political refugees in Libya. The reports he wrote until now are below. However, new reports may fall in other sitemaps in this network.
He wrote about the situations of the Eritrean people in Eritrea and Libya. He described the hard situations in the detention centres in Eritrea and Libya. His reports bring the attention to the human rights abuses at home and abroad.
Some human organizations like Amnesty International in addition to the United Nations High Commissioner of Refugees (UNHCR) have engaged to secure safety measures for Eritreans in Libya.
However, more pressures may be needed to safe the Eritrean political refugees abroad and to work with the Eritrean government to watch and improve the human rights records of the country.
This page highlights the reports Selamawi has written from Libya. If you were Selamawi, Forward HOA's Political Scene to your friends to follow you here.
Other reporters who wrote or commented on reports about the Eritrean refugees are on "Write about Eritrea" in the sitemap below.
You can read also some reports on a page by your name if you have submitted some reports to the HOA Political Scene network.
Comments and Articles Readers Wrote on Political Topics in HOA:The 13 Site Maps Readers have Built:Want to comment on Selamawi's reports or other entries? Use the form below.
- Eritrea and Libya, the Same Fate for Eritrean Refugees! In an era of civilization, the world is tending to some opposite extremes, where some governments are increasingly growing towards dictatorship while others increasingly tending to extremely free democratic governments. What is the trend of Eritrea and Libya? We Eritreans in Libya are the witness for both situations.
- 15 Eritreans Are in Danger of Deportation from Libya! This never ever happened before and is unbelievable. They planned this process simply to trick the detainees, because telling the immigrants that they decide to deport them will alert the international community to interfere and stop the deportation.
- Eritrean Refugees Situation is Late to Attract Attention! Our status as political refugees is invalid here and we are continuously picked up by security at every raid. All the pushed back once are in detention centres and our rights are haltered both by the Italian navy (Orion) and the Libyans.
- Blind World around the European Frontiers! We have seen great tragedy these days where around 80 Eritrean asylum seekers who departed to claim asylum in Italy, perished in the sea. Many boats pass near them and ignored their crying out for help and left them to die except one boat that gave them food and water. This act only increased their sufferance on the sea, although it helped them stay alive for a while.
- Asylum Seekers in Libya under Great Fear! I have been detained for long without seeing the court and continuously beaten by the officials to give them money. Every body is experiencing this in Libya. Now a days around 100 Eritreans were arrested when entering Tripoli, they are taken to Twesha Binkeshir prison, some to Surman and the women to Zawiyah prison.
- Petition Letter to Stop Eritrean Deportation from Libya! Selamawi says, "Many of the detainees rejected to fill the forms and according to some of the detainees all are under serious treatments. Electric shock and metal ropes are employed to force them fill their forms."
- Alarming Secret Deportation of 12 Eritreans! Now, the situation becomes more serious than before as selective deportation is more dangerous than mass deportation and the international community should condemn the development, as the action is clearly a violation to human rights.
- They are Selling and Buying Human Beings in Libya!! Is it acceptable to see a country where these police officials actively engaged in an activity that seems legal theft? Now a daze a Libyan police official feels no shame to take money from an illegal immigrant including refugees handling the attestation of UNHCR.
- The Untold Threats and Sufferance of Eritreans in Libya! The UNHCR gets access to interview the returnees. One-step foreword, but not enough and it needs some more attention to protect them from the Italian government and its plan to continue this illegal and immoral action against potential refugees.
You can share this page about Selamawi's reports with your services through the buttons below, at the left column or at the bottom of the page. Are You a Top Gun in the Media?
Do You Want Just to Be?
Could You Beat the Flow of the News in the International Political Media?
Fire your news and political analyses through any form on the HOA's Political Scene Network. Choose the form on a page that is relevant to your topic in the Horn of Africa.Do you have a camera or a mobile camera?
Create Slideshows on HOA's News Capturing!
Taking good photos is easy! Take pictures, upload them to your computer and then upload them through any form on the relevant page to your topic. Add captions describing the pictures and you are on your way to run your image gallery on the HOA's Political Scene Network.
I'll make them beautiful sildeshows and videos for you to enjoy watching and to call your friends to watch on the HOA's Political Scene Network.Let us read your opinions about Selamawi's reports from Libya through the following form
Have a Great Story about or from the Horn of Africa?
Do you have a great story about or from the Horn of Africa? Share it! Note that you can use the forms in this platform to comment and write about political topics in the Horn of Africa. Some pages about other countries may fall out of this map. However, they may have some impacts on some countries in this map. You can use the same forms anyway to comment or write about them too.
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
Selamawi has built this page. I used "Site Build It" on the image bar at the bottom of the page to empower Selamawi's reports from Libya. I use those strong website building and optimizing tools continuously to empower the entire HOA's Political Scene network.
HOA's Political Scene Home
| HOA's Political Scene Blog
| Arabic HOA Political Scene
| Political Scene
| Political Site Map
| HOA's Political Section
| Political Inspiration
| Political Magic
| Political News
| HOA's Political Scene Newsletter
| Political Sense Journal
| Horn of Africa
| Djibouti's Political Scene
| Eritrean Political Scene
| Eritrean Revolutionary Principles
| Eritrean Political Differences
| Eritrean Refugees
| Ethiopia's Political Scene
| Ethio-Eritrean Wars
| Ethiopian Refugees
| Kenya's Political Scene
| Somali Political Scene
| Somali Refugees
| Somali Displaced People
| Somali Troublemakers
| Brief History of Somalia
| Omer Sharmarke
| Sudan's Political Scene
| Human Rights in Sudan
| Sudanese Sectarian Parties
| Comprehensive Peace Agreement
| Sudanese Dictatorial Regimes
| Uganda's Political Scene
| Lord's Resistance Army
| Chadian Political Scene
| Humanitarian Network
| Horn of Africa's Network
| Horn of Africa's Journalists
| Horn of Africa's Friends
| Horn of Africa's Bookshop
| HOA Calls
| HOAs Videos
| Contact Us
| Squadron of Poets
| International Political Media
| Political Link Exchange