We Need National Consensus in Sudan!
by Ghazy Elbadawey
(Khartoum / Sudan)
Thanks Khalid for e-mailing the HOA's Political Scene Newsletter.
I was very sorry for when I had been to France I have not taken la rouge although it has very little alcoholic percentage.
The issue of the national consensus is what we are missing and we need it badly. It is necessary to change our miserable political situation.
Let us now look for chances to implement it considering the diversity of our nation politically, regionally, religiously and ethnically.
We should definitely consider taking big compromises. Otherwise, we are deceiving our selves. Here are eight points to consider while talking about national compromises:
- we should accept that we are Africans.
- we should confess that Islam is the religion of the majority but not dominating other religions whatever they are.
- we should agree on the federal ruling system in Sudan.
- we should consider dividing the national income according to the numbers of population.
- we should prioritize the development due to economical resources and we should not waste it in regions from which we gain only casuals.
- we should agree to have not more than five political parties.
- we should accept that the Mahdia state is the mother state of Sudan.
- we should agree on that America is our major enemy.
** You are here at We Need National Consensus in Sudan
** Read the comments on this entry at We Need National Consensus in Sudan - Comments
** Read the starting page of this comment at Sudan's Political Scene
** Use the comment links to share your perspectives about all that you read here.
** Share the page with your services using the buttons at the left column below the navigation bar, or at the bottom of the page.
** Subscribe to HOA Political Scene Newsletter
here to receive updates about politics in the Horn of Africa in addition to some useful gifts.
** Forward HOA's Political Scene
to your friends here.
** Connect to Horn of Africa's Network
** Become our friend at Horn of Africa's Friends
** Are you from Sudan or from any city or village in the Horn of Africa? Are you living in France? Write about it and upload beautiful pictures at Any Beautiful City
** Read about beautiful places in Sudan, Ethiopia and France such as Gondar